Bifocal Contact Lenses from a Trusted Family Eye Care Center in Fairfield
Vision is an essential aspect that we rely on every day. But, as we age, our quality of vision decreases. Some people will have problems viewing objects in the distance, while others will have issues seeing things in front of them. In some cases, it is both. If you have difficulties seeing both ranges of distance, then consider using bifocals. Bifocals is a type of medical eyewear that can correct near and far vision complications and is offered at Fratto Optometry in Fairfield.
What is Bifocal Contact Lenses?
Bifocal contacts are medical devices that have two different powers in one lens. One part of the lens is a prescription for closeup vision, while the other part is for distance vision. The uniqueness of bifocals can correct conditions like:
- Presbyopia: This is an age-related problem that makes near vision weaker. It is a common condition among people over the age of 40.
- Hyperopia: Also known as farsightedness, people with it can see objects in the distance well, but near things are difficult to view.
- Myopia: Commonly known as nearsightedness, it is the opposite of farsightedness. People with myopia can very well see closeup objects, but not in the distance.
- Astigmatism: This condition is a problem that causes blurry vision due to the cornea shaped irregularly.
Benefits of Bifocal Lenses
Bifocal contacts are comfortable and convenient solutions that have many benefits. Not only can they correct vision issues, but they can also:
- provide clear and sharp vision
- give great depth perception
- be a good alternative for people with abnormally shaped corneas
- come in with no-line
- get rid of the need for using reading glasses
- be adjusted to your needs
Is It Right for You?
Wearing bifocals depends on the person’s needs, health, vision, and preference, so it may or may not be right for you. To determine if bifocal contacts are the best solution for you, you will need to see an optometrist for an eye exam. Only an eye exam can say if you meet the criteria to wear them.
Get in Touch with Our Optometrist If You Are Interested
At Fratto Optometry in Fairfield, we are a family eye care center. We offer a range of services that are proven to help improve or maintain vision. If you are interested in bifocals, contact us today to make an appointment with our optometrist. Our number is 707-423-9390. We have open weekend hours to better accommodate your schedule.